If you attempt to install Internet Explorer 9 and you encounter errors, you should try one of the followin:
1) Make sure that your system meets the minimum operating system requirementsTo install Internet Explorer 9, one of the following operating systems (or later versions) is required.
- Windows Vista (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2)
- Windows 7 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 (x86 and x64) with Service Pack 2 (SP 2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
If you are running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 without Service Pack 2, install the latest service pack.
2) Make sure that installation of other updates or a restart is not pendingBefore you try to install Internet Explorer 9, make sure that installation of other updates or a system restart is not pending. To check whether you have any pending installation of updates or a pending restart, complete the following step for your Windows operating system:
- On Windows 7: Open System and Security in Control Panel, and then click Windows Update.
- On Windows Vista: open Security in Control Panel, and then click Windows Update.
If there is an update installation in progress, let the installation finish before you try to install Internet Explorer 9. If updates are installed but a system restart has not yet occurred, restart your computer before you try to install Internet Explorer 9.
3) Temporarily disable antispyware and antivirus softwareNote Before you temporarily disable your virus scanner, make sure that Windows Firewall is enabled. After you complete these steps, re-enable the virus scanner.